[rescue] Educational system (was: cheap gps for time reference)

Matthew Braun mjbraun at dkcs.com
Mon Jul 8 10:12:44 CDT 2002

> Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 08:14:01 -0400
> From: Kurt Huhn <kurt at k-huhn.com>
> To: rescue at sunhelp.org
> Subject: Re: [rescue] cheap gps for time reference
>
> Yep, when a group of first-graders can be suspended for playing cops and
> robbers (or was it cowboys and indians?) - you know that the
> majority of the
> schools administrative personnel has lost the capacity for independent and
> common-sense thought.

I'd say that's just the result of our rediculous propensity for litigation.
Everyone's scared to even say anything remotely out of line for fear of
being sued into ashes. "Someone said Jesus in class!" (lawsuit). "Someone
didn't say Jesus enough in class!" (lawsuit). "That school's mascot is an
American Indian!" (lawsuit), etc. So now administrators have to act like
gormless idiots.

This is only partly in their defense; even without the threat of lawsuits, I
imagine they'd still be pretty moronic....