[rescue] Mysterious CDROM enclosure connectors

ssandau at bath.tmac.com ssandau at bath.tmac.com
Sun Jul 7 22:31:25 CDT 2002

> There is a reason THAT was in the junk.
>
> Old, slow (1x), and proprietary. You would be best off to get the drive
> addies out of the thing and put it back where you found it. Or use the case
> for a cheap pair of fast drives.
>
> Just my 2% of 1 USD

Not much you can do with them. Year ago I had 4 drives (you can daisy
chain 2 units) on a Win3.1 box. Slow, but worked OK as a CD server.
Required DOS drivers and couldn't share them inder Win 95. Linux only
supported one drive, I think. Interface isn't standard SCSI or
compatible with anything else.

--
Steve Sandau, IS Technician
ssandau at bath.tmac.com