[rescue] Mysterious CDROM enclosure connectors

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Sun Jul 7 19:23:14 CDT 2002

On July 7, Matthew Braun wrote:
> Whilst at work I uncovered a nifty little dual CDROM enclosure from the
> garbage downstairs (along with a bunch of other neato stuff like a boxed
> rackmount hub, 4Gb Compaq SCA drive in sled, boxed barcode scanner, etc).
> The only problem is I can't identify the connector.
> I can only find vague references to this device (apparently OS/2 supports
> it, for what good it's worth). Does anyone know what kind of connectors
> these are?

  This is a VERY old proprietary Sony CDROM interface.  A few
manufacturers had interfaces like these.  To use it, you'll need the
matching ISA-bus controller board.  Some sound cards have appropriate
interfaces on them as well.

  This sort of interface predates the rest of the stuff you found by
quite a bit...I've not seen those drives in active use for at least
ten years.

        -Dave