[rescue] Re: Sun2 update

Walter Belgers walter+rescue at belgers.com
Sun Jul 7 14:24:47 CDT 2002

Leslie Connally wrote:
>  'snoop' can really be a friend here for troubleshooting

I boot from a NetBSD box, not a Sun :) And yes, already did tcpdump.

1) SunOS 4.0.3 : sun2.bb works, boot.sun works, NFS mount works,
   SunOS kernel is being loaded (file 05 from tape1 from SunOS 4.0.3)
	Boot: vmunix
	Size: 520864+90768+140016 bytes
   But once loaded, I get
	Exception 10 at 000004
   The 000004 is probably a memory location? This would mean the kernel
   is not correct.

2) NetBSD 1.5.2: bootyy works, netboot works, NFS mount works,
   NetBSD kernel is being loaded but it hangs halfway through,
   the NFS 1kb block reads stop, no network activity after that

I've got problems with the 2/170 as well: the screen that works with the
2/50 gives almost unreadable text on the 2/170 (because I don't have a
keyboard connected?). The SIO-A has a terminal attached, when I press
BREAK I get some data but it's garbled. Tried al kinds of settings
(including 9600,8,N,1) to no avail. The terminal with the same cable
does work on other systems.

Quite a challange :-)

Walter.
--
Walter Belgers         "Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus
walter at belgers.com       Latinis alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes!"