[rescue] cheap gps for time reference (fwd)

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sun Jul 7 08:15:33 CDT 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 05:28:35PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> > >   Uhh, what?
> >
> > You're FIRED.  GET OUT NOW.  You've never seen _Blade Runner_ ?
>
> I've seen Blade Runner five times and still had no idea what he was
> talking about.

It was a reference to the fact that everything that Roy Batty knew, felt, saw,
and loved would be lost forever when he died.  It's a commentary on the
fleeting nature of human experiences.  It's also meant to be a warning about
how we treat sentient artificial beings when we create them - they're not
machines, if they have sentience then they have life and deserve to be treated
as fellow beings.

At least that's how I saw it, I could be wrong.
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster