[rescue] cheap gps for time reference (fwd)

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Sun Jul 7 00:10:28 CDT 2002

mcguire at neurotica.com writes:

>> Isn't Cesium a controlled substance? ;-)

>  Absolutely.  But not the Cs-133 that's used in clocks, so far as I'm
>aware.  At least, you don't need gov't paperwork to buy one.

Even the hot isotopes seem to be ok if it's a real small quantity,
and it's securely imbedded deep within a piece of equipment.
(ie: Americium-241 in smoke detectors.)

I haven't been able to find the specifics on that though. The
law seems to deal with every use for every element as a special
case. I haven't found anything along the lines of: "anything
under 0.n microcurie...." in the regulations anywhere.

Where's that site that has all the great Cesium songs?

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
----------------- Live each day like the Triffids are coming. -------------