[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Sat Jul 6 20:11:24 CDT 2002

On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, George Adkins wrote:
> Yes, but were you subjected to mental and physical abuse?

Um, yep. There's a reason I don't go home much George..in fact the reason
why I've avoided going home to see my father for a year and a half is
because he beat the unholy hell out of me the night before my wedding to
Bill. That's why no wedding pictures are shown--I had bloody scratches all
over my chest and a sore jaw for weeks (I don't bruise easily, thank god).

My family is no stranger to disfunction but I refuse to let it be a
crutch or an excuse for the way I acted (at any point). I move on and get
over it.

As for my childhood, I was a bright, active kid who got paddled, didn't
get along with my peers, got told I was incorrigible, and grew up thinking
the world was a fucked-up place. :) It's gone and I can't change it.
Instead I choose to accept it and hope all the drugs I did in college
cause me to forget most of it over time--as opposed to my sister who is so
bitter that she now refuses to talk to my Dad altogether.

The forgiving part is absurdly easy...not so the forgetting and letting
go.

--a