[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sat Jul 6 19:56:33 CDT 2002

On Saturday 06 July 2002 08:35 pm, you wrote:
> On Sat, 6 Jul 2002, George Adkins wrote:
> > MY GOD!  Where might I be now, if the world hadn't tried to cram me into
> > their cookie-cutter mold of conformity and bored me to dispair and
> > mis-behavior as a child.
>
> Hrm. My mom just cut me off of red juice (specifically Kool-Aide). It made
> me less bounce-off-the-walls but it sure didn't stop me from lighting
> paper by the pilot light downstairs...

Yes, but were you subjected to mental and physical abuse?

Mine wasn't problems at home (that was all fine), it wen't something like:

Kid from out of town + 18 months younger than peers in same grade + Startling
to off-the-chart assesment scores + 98% or better grades on class tests +
refuses to do or turn in homework assignments + poor socialization skills &
problems getting along with other students + ignores Teachers / works ahead /
reads unrelated material in class + argues with teachers over incorrect /
inexact information = Label child as "Disobedient - Discipline problem" +
react to challenges of authority / knowledge with corporal punishment
(paddling) and in-class humiliation + accuse parents of abuse / neglect at
home + attempt to deny student advancement to next grade not because of
academic ability but because of 'behavioral issues' (succeed once - my
parents moved and I changed school districts frequently because of this)