[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Sat Jul 6 19:27:38 CDT 2002

> > ADD. *spit*.  Its a new term (and a "diagnosis", an excuse for doctors to
> > put kids (and people) on medicine they dont need) for an old condition -
>
> Stupidity?  At least that is what they used to call a lot of people
> who were later diagnosed with ADD.

ADD, that's what 'they' (as in the conspiratorial they) call it when 'they'
can't understand that I figured it out when I heard it the *first* time.
That I read it or heard it and it made sense to me then.  And that somehow
(unlike them) I don't have to write it out and show all the work to get the
answer right,  That I *can* do it in my head, whether they think it's
possible or not.  That I'm reading Heinlein during the lecture because I read
the chapter in ten minutes on my way to class that morning, and I _don't_
have any questions about how to do it.

It's a descriminatory term of derision, promulgated by Idiots who
condecendingly think that because I'm not shaken to the quick by their
picayune issues, or that because I'm underwhelmed by their struggling
pointless repetition, I must somehow be 'Defective', a victim of some
'Disorder'.

Well, guess what...  I did not suffer from a 'Learning Disability', I learned
just fine.  It was 'they' who suffered from a 'Teaching Inabilty'.

MY GOD!  Where might I be now, if the world hadn't tried to cram me into
their cookie-cutter mold of conformity and bored me to dispair and
mis-behavior as a child.

George