[rescue] cheap gps for time reference

Chris Hedemark chris at yonderway.com
Sat Jul 6 15:19:44 CDT 2002

On Sat, 2002-07-06 at 16:09, Kris Kirby wrote:

> q: how do you document `home' experience? Fr'instance, I have six years
> experience with FreeBSD, but can only document an employer where I used
> that for eight months.

Honesty is very important with a resume.  But at the same time, if you
worked at a place for four years and barely touched Solaris yet your
were running 15 various rescued sparc boxen at home, I think it is
worthwhile putting down a bullet for the job saying that you had Solaris
experience.  At least then when you get your technical grilling, you'll
know what you're talking about.  That's what is most important.  Do you
know your stuff?  Too many people oversell themselves on resumes, but if
you undersell yourself you may not get an interview.

If you know the technology, fit it in there on paper somewhere.