[rescue] WTB: sbus 10mbit ethernet NIC & 20A power cable

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Fri Jul 5 14:07:16 CDT 2002

On Fri, Jul 05, 2002 at 11:02:50AM -0700, Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez wrote:

> Well, it aint an onyx.... but I got a POWERChallenge with 36 CPUs, 4G
> B RAM... etc. for

I never got too excited about any of the MIPS CPUs past the r3k.
Still, that is a nice and manly machine.  Wouldn't refuse it if
someone offered it to me.  Power could be a problem.  I tried getting
my school to accept a donated r3k based SMP machine and it was a no
go.

I do like that Onyx goodness though.  A dual RE2 onyx with sirius
option and a cable extender would be the perfect workstation for me
until the cost of Onyx2s comes down.

> And do not hate me for it. It is being used by students (I donated it, not
> that I could do much with that mother at home :-) ).

That wouldn't fly at my school I hate to say.

--
Joshua D. Boyd