[rescue] big NCR on Ebay??

Larry Snyder larrys at lexis-nexis.com
Thu Jul 4 16:45:03 CDT 2002

We had a couple of his little brothers (3550) a few years back.  IIRC,
they were about the size of an 18 cu. ft. fridge.  The MCA bus ran across
half the top.  There was, I think, also an ISA or more likely EISA bus
as well.  Performance / cu.ft. was nothing to write home about.  The
flavor of unix that ran on them had Wollongong TCP/IP as an optional
package.  We always figgered they would be more useful with thermal
insulation, refrigeration, and a co2 bottle to drive a keg ;)
This woulda been right around the time AT&T got their meathooks into
them, or slightly after.
-ls-