[rescue] SunPics NeWSprinter CL+

Harri Haataja harri.haataja at cs.helsinki.fi
Thu Jul 4 10:45:45 CDT 2002

On Thu, Jul 04, 2002 at 10:17:39AM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> Got a new toy last night - a SunPics NeWSprinter CL+.
> Anyone know if this is supported under Solaris9?  Also anyone know if
> there are drivers for other OSs?  Irix comes to mind, and Linux, and
> *BSD.

"NeWS" would hint toward the DPS WYSIWYG "just display it on the
printer" or whatever it is things like the sparcprinter there was some
talk about. Initial guess would be no. At least not via normal spoolers
though both Solaris and IRIX and IIRC even XF4 (in plans) not to mention
OS X have some support for DPS..

My guess is unlikely but I have no idea.