[rescue] restoring a Sparcstation 10 boot ROM

Andrew Howat Andrew.Howat at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jul 4 04:19:13 CDT 2002

Hi all
I put Suse linux on my sparc 10 for a while, but it completely messed up and
wouldn't give me X windows stuff and was basically just a console, so I
installed Solaris 8 over the top of the suse linux partitions. But I can't get
it to boot, because I think Suse put the SILO loader program as the default
boot, and now that's gone I can't get the sparc 10 to use the hard drive as a
boot device, it just insists the program is missing. So does anyone know how
to restore it so I can use Sol?

Andrew