[rescue] Tray for a NetApp F330

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Wed Jul 3 17:04:28 CDT 2002

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 02:37:21PM -0700, Drew Schatt wrote:
> Does anyone have a source/recommendation for a cheap rack of drives
> (preferably 9gigs or larger) for a NetApp F330?  I've got a pretty nice
> head unit, but without any drives to play with, it's sort of a worthless
> toy.

Get some old DEC Storageworks shelves off eBay; thats what NetApp relabeled
and sold along with the F330.

> Another question:  Will the F330 support FC drives?
> Would it theoretically be possible to hook a F330 to a Sun A5000 and
> have it use that for the drive shelf?

I doubt it.  I dont think the F330 (pentium 120) is fast enough to run
FC-AL drives or the card needed to run them.  For that matter, I dont
think any OS that runs on the F330 (OnTap release) will support FC drives.

> What does everyone else use with theirs?

I think everyone just puts Storageworks shelves (BA350, etc) on theirs...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net