[rescue] IPX Battery Hack

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at bfr.co.il
Wed Jul 3 09:39:31 CDT 2002

torquil at rockbridge.net wrote:

> > http://catonic.net/geek/battery-hack/

Too complicated. :-) I just chipped away at the center potting compund
on the edge of the chip with a pair of diagonal cutting pliers,
until it exposed the battery, chipped the rest of the top off on that end,
soldered in some wires covered the center of the end with "liquid tape",
and stuck the battery on top with tape. :-)

One I did, I didn't have any batteries with factory tabs, so I soldered
together some AA batteries and taped the whole mess up.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson
Bloomberg L.P., BFM (Israel) 2 hours ahead of London, 7 hours ahead of New York.