[rescue] Calling HP Laserjet experts

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Jul 2 14:07:04 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, July 2, 2002 at 14:07:01 (-0400), Dave McGuire wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [rescue] Calling HP Laserjet experts
>
>   Holy Cow...we actually agree on something!  Upgrade ROMs?  Tell me
> more about this?

On the horizontal fine print of the start-up page you'll see the I/O
version number.  I think mine was 2.0, and I've now got the 3.0 ROMs.

The replacement ROM kit was $30[cad].

BTW, in case you don't have a manual, search for the PDF on google with
this keyword:  0307069AALW16600SU

Or you can find it under Legacy Products here:

	http://www.info.apple.com/support/manuals.html

>   VERY nice deal!  I sold about four of them last spring for
> $200-300/ea.  They're still holding their value quite well.

Yup.  Around here the even beat-up used ones are still selling for
upwards of $500[cad] in the "Apple"-brand stores....

I had a friend working at Apple at the time those printers came out and
his group was too small to be allocated one at the time -- they were
apparently meant for medium-sized work-groups!  ;-)

Meanwhile I'd really love to get a Xerox Phaser 6200.  Or even an 8200.

Something like that would launch me right into digital photography!  ;-)

--
								Greg A. Woods