[rescue] SGI Indy help needed

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jul 2 09:12:56 CDT 2002

Linc Fessenden wrote:
> Unfortunately I still cannot install the v7 bzflag..  Says the installer
> is too old?  And the V6 says the package info is missing.  v5 works but is
> too old to connect to any recent server..  AHHHH!  This is driving me
> crazy.

Going out on a limb here, have you tried building from source?  I've never done
it under Irix 5.3, so I don't know what to expect.

As far as package info missing, I think that is just a text file - maybe try
looking at the v5 package info and see if you can reconstruct for v6?  This
won't solve the server/client version mismatch thoguh - most servers I've
connected to will refuse connections from client significantly older than their
own version number.

The v7 package may have been with no backwards compatability for Irix 5.3 -
guessing here.  Folks seem to forget that Irix 5.3 is still useful on some
machines.
--
Kurt                   "What me look like, ricecake monster?
kurt at k-huhn.com         Me Cookie Monster!  Me need COOKIE!" --Cookie Monster