[rescue] Calling HP Laserjet experts

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Mon Jul 1 21:46:48 CDT 2002

On Monday 01 July 2002 09:08 pm, you wrote:
> At 07:43 PM 7/1/2002 -0400, Larry Snyder wrote:
> >I picked up a pair of Series III's for $5/ea a few months back.  Auction
> >stuff.  Another $6 worth of gears from MCM and a cheap printserver
> >(Hawking, IIRC) and it's good to go.  The trays do about 200 sheets.
>
> Do the series III duplex?

Yup, got one.  Laserjet IIID.
Run forever.  Built like tank..
The only problem with these is that the paper pickup rollers wear out after
several million sheets, so if they're old, check to make sure they feed
reliably before you buy.  replacement roller shafts are about $50 each (takes
two for top and bottom paper cartridge slots).

George