[rescue] Apple LaserWriter II* w/ Sol7

Paul Sladen sun-rescue at paul.sladen.org
Mon Jul 1 20:14:47 CDT 2002

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Michael Hansen wrote:

> Has anyone managed to get a LaserWriter II
> series printer to work with a SPARC box
>
> I think I overlooked something in /etc -
> It works fine hooked to a Mac with the Mini-DIN
> 8 Appletalk cable.

Have you twiddled the `thing that looks like a SCSI-ID selector' around to
something different (possibley 4) to select the RS-232 port instead.  If you
tell the printer to do a test-print, it will list which interface it is
listening on, and what it is emulating (HP-LJ for the RS-232 port IIRC).

HTH, YMMV, STFW for the exact settings details,

	-Paul

--
Nottingham, GB