[rescue] Reset MIO to use UTP (was: Calling HP Laserjet experts)

R. Lonstein rlonstein at pobox.com
Mon Jul 1 17:57:13 CDT 2002

On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 01:08:17AM +0300, Pastorel Alexoaie wrote:
    [snip]
> BTW, do you know how can you set/reset the JetDirect MIO
> interface in a 4Si so it can be used in an UTP network
> (the page test says BNC connection is active - not

It autodetects. Plug it in to the UTP network before powering the
printer.

> necessary in those terms)? I don't have a BNC network
> around, and I can'it improvise one. also, the printer runs
> hot about 4 hours from 8.
    [snip]

Runs hot or overheats? They do get hot- that fuzzy green cover with the
red warning on the fuser unit is not joking- it's above 300 degrees F in
there. There is a thermistor that will kill the power if the fuser
overheats but it's not a very common problem. Make sure that the printer
has a few inches of clearance around it and that you occasionally (and
gently) vacuum out the dust. There is a square, black honeycomb filter
that collects toner but I've seen them caked with toner and the units do
not overheat.

- Ross