[rescue] Re: SGI Indigo2's

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jul 1 17:24:03 CDT 2002

On July 1, James Sharp wrote:
> was there not a revision of the Extreme that's only one board?  I vaguely
> remember someone once saying that, but I'm not positive.

  I've never seen nor heard of anything like this.  That's not to say
that it couldn't have existed, though.

  It would have been a good trick; the GE chips that were used on the
Extreme are *big*.  Four chips per carrier, big square ceramic
carriers.  Two of those on one board wouldn't have left room for much
else.

       -Dave