[rescue] Re: SGI Indigo2's

roosmcd at dds.nl roosmcd at dds.nl
Mon Jul 1 15:50:26 CDT 2002

On July 1, Dave wrote:
>On July 1, roosmcd at dds.nl wrote:
>>  Identifying graphics in purple stack top to bottom:
>>  extreme (a guess, I don't really know those non-impact graphics options;
>>  it's the slowest single-board graphics)

>  Umm, what?  I may have misunderstood your wording, but the Extreme
>is the *fastest* (not the slowest) non-Impact graphics hardware for
>I^2 machines.  And it's three boards, not one.

 I never had any non-Impact graphics so I always keep mixing those names up. I
meant it is the slowest board, the single one. I was too lazy to look it up and
guessed, so this board would be the XL?

>  Extremes are actually Pretty Damn Nice.  No texturing, though, which
>means Josh will turn up his nose at it, but not all of us care about
>texturing. ;)

 Hah, I upgraded my SI for HI some time ago, now if I only had some money for
TRAM's :(. But I have to agree with Josh that texturing is cool. Damn, I want
that O2 :).

 greetings,
  Michiel