[rescue] Re: SGI Indigo2's

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Mon Jul 1 16:00:38 CDT 2002

On July 1, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> I do not turn my nose up at them because of that.  I turn my nose up
> (if it is really fair to put it that way) because people want almost
> as much for an extreme in a teal case as they want for an SI in a
> purple case.  I've never used an extreme hands on, but I have used SIs
> and for what the price difference seems to be, I'm holding out for the
> known quantity.

  I was just fuckin' with you, man.  Stresses running a bit high today?

  But yes, I'm not surprised that they run around the same price as an
SI.  I've used both, side-by-side in fact, and notice NO performance
difference between them.  I don't know the specs offhand though.

> I've come very close to getting an I2 several times.  I keep being
> outbid in the last few minutes.  I pick a number that seems
> reasonable, but when I see it close for $5 more than I bid, I always
> think I would have been willing to pay $5 more.  Of course, if I had,
> it would have close for another $5 more, and I'd think i'd have been
> willing to pay $5 more, and etc. ad infinitum.

  One word: Snipe.  If you treat eBay as a game, bid once and forget it.
If you use eBay to GET something that you WANT, snipe it.  (No
offense, George.)

     -Dave