low-end octane2? (was: Re: [rescue] octane question)

Amy scoobydoo at ohno.mrbill.net
Mon Jan 21 22:06:38 CST 2002

On Mon, 21 Jan 2002, David Passmore wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 21, 2002 at 07:02:04PM -0600, Amy wrote:
> IE rarely crashes on me these days.

ooh lucky. so lucky. :)

> I've found consumers to be just the opposite; they have no brand loyalty,
> they yell, they scream, they generally complain a lot. Just look at
> broadband users. :)

hrm. perhaps im just overly resistant to change or maybe im still too
polite to complain. *puzzled* good point on broadband though. when our
connection goes flaky here, heads roll down at time-warner.

> As to the inferiority or superiority of Windows products, I can say that in
> terms of an office suite, it's better than anything that came before it,
> with the possible exception of Wordperfect. I've used Excel quite a bit to
> prepare capital budgets and do calculations for capacity planning, and I've
> been forced to use Powerpoint to do presentations.

i've never used office or its accompaniments...i've never needed them, so
i'll take your word for it. :)

--a