[rescue] octane question

s at avoidant.org s at avoidant.org
Thu Jan 17 22:55:13 CST 2002

Joshua D Boyd wrote:

> What I really want to get away from with my system is the idea that palm pilots
> have about how data is entered.  You enter it at the bottom of the screen in a
> special area, and it is essentially like you are using a keyboard, you apps
> can't tell the difference.

Hrm, when the Agenda first came out, that's how the hwr worked. You
write where you want it to go. There were a lot of complaints from palm
users, though, about the machine not being able to tell the difference
between mouse/cursor use and hwr strokes, so the hwr was moved to the
keyboard area like a palm. Let me see if I can find the source code for
the old hwr system. Maybe you want to have a look.

---sambo