[rescue] Unpopular speech and Screwy SparcStation LX

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Mon Feb 25 09:36:16 CST 2002

On Saturday, February 23, 2002, at 09:11 PM, Joshua Johnston wrote:

> G3's are getting cheaper.  And B&W models are still pretty neat, though
> I can't remember if they're in the list of machines that have the video
> cards that'd been dropped for OSX support.  I think the affected cards
> are early ATI Rage and Rage Pro models.

We will be dropped fairly soon, but after I hacked their DVD player to
work on my Blue and White, they finally showed up with rev 3.01 which
was just a legitimate recompile (same features as my hacked player, but
maybe a bit more stable).  The ones that are totally not supported are
the earlier Powerbooks... anything based on the RAGE LT Pro... it's the
LT line that isn't supported... the Rage128  is still supported so far.

Andrew