[rescue] Wouldn't it be a hoot: (was: Death of a PDP-11/Clueless office people...)

George Adkins george at webbastard.org
Wed Feb 6 18:24:55 CST 2002

On Wednesday 06 February 2002 04:41 pm, you wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 06, 2002 at 10:10:04AM -0500, Big Endian wrote:
> > yeah... its the SLA that you pay $600/ month MORE than I do for
> > similar service, and you don't really NEED the SLA either.
>
> no, but i need high speed access.  and my options are limited here to
> dialup, ISDN or a T1.  i refuse to pay for ISDN since it's FAR too
> expensive for what you get.  it also helps that work is paying almost
> $200/month, my neightbor will be paying almost $200/month and another
> friend who will be getting a dry copper pair will be paying $100/month.
> add the $75 for some of the hosting i do, and we are looking at $575 of my
> $853 bill is being paid by other people than myself.  so it's not nearly as
> bad a deal as it seems.  :)

Yeah, until one of those people you're depending on quits, or says "dude,
sorry, but I don't have the money..."  You get the satisfaction of pulling
the plug on their connectivity, but when it all boils down, you still have to
pay their share to keep yours.  Play it safe, get a year's payment in advance
if you can...

It's like having roommates.

George