[rescue] SS10/20 death

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Tue Feb 5 12:32:31 CST 2002

On Tue, Feb 05, 2002 at 12:44:09PM -0500, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   The SS1 is not based on the SM100. ;)

It was the fact that I HAD MY OWN SUN WORKSTATION, I coudl care less which
cpu it was based on. 8-)

>   Seriously though, my comments were about the SM100 in particular,
> definitely not SPARCs in general.  SPARC is a wonderful architecture;
> elegant and worthy of study and respect.

And Suns are fine machines, even if you have one that might "suck" compared
to modern machines.. but, like you've said, just because a machine is no longer
sold or isnt the fastest one, doesent mean it quits working or functioning.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net