[rescue] Ultrix

Kenneth Dunn luser at xtra.co.nz
Sat Feb 2 20:07:27 CST 2002

On Sat, 2 Feb 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:

> On February 3, Kenneth Dunn wrote:
> > I seem to recall reading that Ultrix could run on a vaxstation, is
> > this true ?
>
>   Yes indeed, that is the case with most VAXstations, I believe.

I just read an Ultrix FAQ... no shared libraries - YUCKY!

> > Is it possible to dual boot a vaxstation ? With the Alpha all I need
> > do is change an SRM environment variable and type in "boot".
>
>   Never tried that, however...Why not just get another one!
> Muahahaaaa!!! 8-)

My parents aren't too happy about me cramming all this computer equipment
into my room. Got to sell/give away some of this PeeCee trash before I get
more cool treasures.

*) Yes I'm nearly 30 and still live with my parents - does that make me a
really fucked up NERD!? Nah actually I've had a missent youth with a
twist of mental illness. But I'm 99.9% ok these days and am saving for a
house.