[rescue] What is an XTerminal 1?

Paul Phillips paul at partitura.com
Tue Dec 31 11:27:26 CST 2002

Hello --

The noise level in my home office is beginning to drive me nuts.  Five
computers with fans going are just too much.

I'd like to move the two Suns into another room.  I can always administer
them over ssh using the command line.  However, it would be nice to be able
to get access to CDE.

Is this what the XTerminal will do?  Does it have a fan it it? (I'm going
for LESS noise...)  How does it connect to the remote host?  Does it have a
video card?

I looked on docs.Sun.com to try and find information, but there isn't much
there...

Regards,
Paul Phillips