[rescue] Low-level SCSI formatting.

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Mon Dec 30 14:08:01 CST 2002

Is is possible to low-level format a SCSI drive with either a Sun
SPARCstation LX (Solaris 7) or an SGI Indigo2 (IRIX 6.5.11)?

I can do it with the Adaptec AHA-2930C controller in ono of my PCs, but it
would be logistically simpler to use the Indigo2, with the LX a distant
second choice.

The drive in question used to be the boot drive on the LX, but developed a
bad sector where the Superblock wanted to live, and wouldn't fix itself.  I
replaced it.  Opinions as to the efficacy of low-level formatting in this
case solicited, as well.

Thanks.

-Shel

--