[rescue] Ultra 10

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Tue Dec 24 20:20:55 CST 2002

As Yuri said, the card should have a number on it starting with 501,
the 501 and the next 4 numbers are the part number of the card.

-Mike

    That was the bit I needed. I was looking for something in this format
###-#### and was not seeing it. Because of that I was having a heck of a
time matching numbers at sunhelp and sunsolve.

    So from what I have figured out. I have 501-5090 for the processor (
333MHZ 2MB cache), 501-4788 is the creator card (Creator3D Series 3
(FFB2+)), and I have 256MB of RAM. Not bad at all for free.

    So I figure I will add some ram, keep the processor unless I get a good
deal on a better CPU with the same size cache (the only one on E-bay was a
440 but only had 256K of cache), add a coprocessor card (just got a 400MHZ
for $26 on E-bay).

    Now the questions. First about memory. This system will take dimms, is
their something funky I should know about them or can I find generic dimms
and use them? Do they have to go in in groups of two?

    Secondly, how much better are the elite3d cards over the one that I
currently have? Enough of a difference to justify an upgrade or am I just
being silly? If it is justifiable then what is the difference between
Elite3D-m3 and Elite3D-m6  and the what does the Series 2 Accelerator add to
the equation?

   Mike Turner