[rescue] Altos 886

rescue at hawkmountain.net rescue at hawkmountain.net
Sat Dec 21 15:10:00 CST 2002

I have an Altos 886 that will not boot.  The boot sectors of the
hard drive must be corrupted.  The HD does spin up and sound ok.

I think it ran Xenix 3.2f made specifically for this model system.

I am looking for a copy of the diagnositc disk and the OS load diskettes.

I hope someone out there has these... I'm interested in just about anything
for this box that will bring it back to life.

Also while I'm at it, anyone have any Sun 2/120 memory boards ?  How about
a color framebuffer for it ?  An internal tape drive per chance ?

My Sun2/120 is badged Interleaf, and has an old IBM property tag on it
(which I kept because I think IBM owning a Sun is just too fun)...

Thanks in advance,

  -- curt

rescue at hawkmountain.net