[rescue] Baystack 350T Switches

Robert Rose rr at rits.com.au
Fri Dec 20 15:59:38 CST 2002

At 05:55 AM 20/12/2002 -0600, Jeff wrote:
>I'm looking for a decent, affordable, 100BaseT managed switch. I noticed
>that these are selling rather cheap on Ebay.  Anybody got experience with
>them?
Mine's a slightly different model than the 350T.  Setup/configuration is
menu based, the main menu from mine is:

                           BayStack 350-24T Main Menu

                         IP Configuration/Setup...
                         SNMP Configuration...
                         System Characteristics...
                         Switch Configuration...
                         Console/Comm Port Configuration...
                         Display Hardware Units...
                         Spanning Tree Configuration...
                         TELNET Configuration...
                         Software Download...
                         Configuration File...
                         Display Event Log
                         Reset
                         Reset to Default Settings
                         Logout

Use arrow keys to highlight option, press <Return> or <Enter> to select option.

The vlans take a bit to set up (the options appear in two menus, although
only one appears to change the vlan settings), and I couldn't get port
mirroring to work properly (could only get it to mirror based on MAC
address) and I haven't yet played with trunking or SNMP.

I'm happy with mine, it does all that I ask of it.  Check with the vendor
that the 350T has the same features/functionality, it might just be a
slightly older design.

Rob.