[rescue] My List

Eric Webb ttlchaos at randomc.com
Fri Dec 20 00:25:01 CST 2002

I know this pretty much comes at the "why bother" point in time, but here we
go anyway.  I was *supposed* to find +time to put up a wiki board instead of
sending out email.  But that didn't happen, and neither did the email.

Honestly, most of the things that I REALLY want are not tangibles.  For
example, there's the real desire for peace, for sleep, for time off work,
time to get things done at home, time to be spent woodworking, time to
complete personal projects like compiling all my Rush CDs to an MP3 disc,
etc.  Eh.

Aww, what the heck.... on with the tangibles.  If some of these items seem a
little much for Christmas, perhaps I can brighten your heart by reminding
that my birthday is just around the corner.  :)

Photography
* Organizer "wallet" for Sony Memory Sticks (for Sony Digicams)
* Extra Sony Memory Sticks... 64MB or 128MB, please.
* Spare battery for Sony DSC-P9 digicam.
* Flash umbrella.... these things really are useful
* Zoom lens for my Rebel G.
* Zoom microphone for my Sony TRV330 camcorder.  To be useful, it must have a
good windscreen.  An ideal model would mount in the smart shoe on top of the
camera.
* Battery charging station for Sony Infolithium batteries so you don't have to
charge through the camera.  Primarily for the camcorder.

Tools
* Quick-release sets for screwguns.  This includes:
	- quick-release driver bits (flat/phillips)
	- quick-release drill bits
	- quick-release holder (looks like a 2nd chuck)
* set of countersink drill bits
		(not just countersinks, but drill bits WITH countersink heads)
* combination push block.  Used with table saws to push wood through and keep
fingers safe.  Some even have silk-screened rulers, angle guides, etc.,
built-in.
* Porter-Cable's 693VSRPK, I think.  Variable-speed router combo kit with edge
guide.
* One of Porter-Cable's plate jointer / biscuit jointer.  Esp. the kind with
maneuverable fence.
* Nice chisel set.  Marples is supposed to be a nice brand, but not found at
the home centers.
* Then there's always the possibility of a compressor and/or brad nailer.
Again, I'm a fan of Porter-Cable's power hand tools.

Music/Electronics/Computers
* Stevie Nicks - "Timespace".  (It's a greatest hits collection.)
* Hey, who wants to finally buy me an IPod?
* Cable collars or double-sided velcro tape (NOT self-adhesive, but the kind
with hooks on one side, loops on the other)
* Playstation 2 games, I suppose...  No major requests.  Perhaps Grand Theft
Auto... not the "Vice City" edition, the one before that.
* Mackie 8 or 16 channel mixer.  Hmm, that's too wishful.

(Well, the list was originally much, much smaller, but suddenly my eyes glazed
over and the ideas came puking out.)

-E.  (After all, it is called a "wish list", right?)