[rescue] More R12k Octanes (EBay)

Michael Schiller schiller at agrijag.com
Wed Dec 18 19:12:21 CST 2002

On Wednesday, December 18, 2002, at 01:33 AM, Kevin wrote:

> I remember reading this on the classic computer list
> FAQ, but wasn't sure if i should actually try it on a
> keyboard i care about.  What about heat?  My dishwasher
> has melted stuff with ease.  What about components
> corroding inside the keyboard before drying (assuming i
> shut off "heated" drying).  At the least i'd loose the
> paper label....

Yes, you will probably loose the paper label.

> Has anyone here done this with good results on an old
> PS/2 SGI keyboard or a Sun Type 5?

I've  done this to MANY type 5 keyboards, some type 4 keyboards, a
couple of  HP HIL keyboards (off of an Apollo 425 workstation) as well
as several Northgate Omnikey keyboards too. I would imagine if your
keyboard is a better quality one you should have nor problem, if your
keyboard is cheap PC crap, you *might* have a problem.

-Mike