[rescue] raised flooring q... cutting pieces to fit

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Dec 18 13:02:24 CST 2002

"Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366" <patrick at zill.net> wrote:

> What does the combined wisdom of the list suggest?

I suggest a 5-1/4" or larger circular saw (or table saw) with a
metal-cutting blade.

Alternatively, you could remove the linoleum and use a plasma cutter to
slice right through the steel in record time - then cut the linoleum to fit
and stick it back on.  Use a heat gun to remove the linoleum.

OR, you could use a bandsaw with a metal-cutting blade.

A sawzall might do it, but wouldn't be my first choice.  A Rotozip tool
would *not* be on my list of tools to consider.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com