[rescue] raised flooring q... cutting pieces to fit

Patrick Giagnocavo +1.717.201.3366 patrick at zill.net
Wed Dec 18 12:09:30 CST 2002

As you folks know, I installed a raised floor in my colo over the
summer.

I did everything but an approx. 18" strip along two walls, i.e. there
is an L-shaped area that does not have raised flooring.

I have the extra tiles but am wondering how best to cut them to fit
(they are 24" square and 0.375 inch steel plate covered by linoleum).

Does anyone have experience with say a reciprocating saw or the
RotoZip tools that have a metal-cutting bit?

What does the combined wisdom of the list suggest?

Cordially
| Patrick Giagnocavo, patrick at zill.net             |
| Zill.Net - OpenACS, Postgres, Python hosting     |
| OpenACS v4 shared server       $39.99/month      |
| Colocation w/30GB transfer     $99.00/month      |
| Managed servers (incl. system) $175/month        |