[rescue] Re: Various stuff trade/questions/wanted...

Gerhard Lenerz mail at g-lenerz.de
Wed Dec 18 10:41:06 CST 2002

Hello Gavin & all,

> Speaking of interesting SGI gear. I recently got emailed the
> following pics from a friend in Australia. One of my favourite
> computer graveyards just received what looks like three Power
> Challenge machines. Sadly I probably can't go over to test and
> determine the config(s).
>
> http://209.68.1.91/ghubbard/pics/dcp_0011.bmp
> http://209.68.1.91/ghubbard/pics/dcp_0012.bmp
> http://209.68.1.91/ghubbard/pics/dcp_0015.bmp

  looks like a PowerSeries machine - maybe the other two are
  different. This was SGIs first line of MIPS based SMP systems and
  hence are older than Challenge/Onyx systems. It can have from 1
  R3000 at 25MHz to 8 R3000 at 40Mhz CPU(s) and one of the vintage highend
  graphics options (GTX, VGX(T)) or none at all. A snapshot of the
  cardcage internals would make guessing a lot easier. It *might* have
  graphics as there are RGBA connectors and it *might* have two CPU
  boards (there is a second panel with serial ports).

  Nice critters, if anyone can save it... that'd be nice. This year I
  sold two of these because of space limitations and I have regretted
  it a million times so far (still counting).

--
Best regards,
 Gerhard                            mailto:mail at g-lenerz.de

Old SGI Stuff                       http://sgistuff.g-lenerz.de/