[rescue] Various stuff trade/questions/wanted...

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Wed Dec 18 01:47:22 CST 2002

On Tuesday, December 17, 2002, at 11:51 PM, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
>>   Sorta, but not in earnest, yet...HIPPI stuff is *very* expensive.  I
>> have a HIPPI switch, HIPPI cards for all of my Crays, and a serial
>> HIPPI PCI card in my AlphaServer 4100 fileserver (running NetBSD; it
>> supports the HIPPI card), but that's it so far.
>
> Does MacOS X support HIPPI at all?  But you sold that Mac, didn't
> you...  HIPPI in the Onyx would be cool.

   Yup, I sold that Mac.  And the fucking postal service LOST IT.

   HIPPI for the Onyx would be *way* expensive.  There's a high-profile
guy in Australia who apparently has a nearly unlimited budget...he
snaps them up every time they show up on eBay.

        -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "She's a cheek pincher.  I have scars."
St. Petersburg, FL                          -Gary Nichols