[rescue] Rescuing a powermac 6500/250

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Dec 17 15:56:59 CST 2002

On 2002.12.17 22:43 Frank Van Damme wrote:

> He, we're all grown-up enough not to start flame/distro wars not? :-)
Sorry, I am penguin alergic. ;-)

> Maybe I can install netbsd once I get that sexy Sparcbook...
Uhhh, SPARCbook. Very erotic.

> does it support something like LVM actually?
No. There is only RAIDframe, a software RAID implementation. But nothing
like on-line resizeable volumes / file systems like Tru64, AIX, IRIX,
... have. FreeBSD has vinum, that can do things like this, but I don't
know how well FreeBSD/SPARC runns, if at all.

> I have a feeling I will need it.
On a SPARCbook???
--

tsch|_,