[rescue] Re: Various stuff trade/questions/wanted...

Gavin Hubbard ghub005 at xtra.co.nz
Tue Dec 17 15:51:40 CST 2002

Hi Michiel (and list)

<<
First question, does anyone want to trade HP K-class rackmounts skins for a
set of normal skins (WITH wheels please!)? I've got a K210 in rackmount skins,
but would rather have a (smaller, portable) normal version.

I've got about 7 or 8 deskside K370/K570 systems in storage. You're welcome to have a set of skins (or any other parts) if you want to pay for postage. The only catch is that they're all in Melbourne (Australia) so you might have to wait for 2-3 months before I'm going to pass through there.

<<I would prefer to trade for
additional K-class memory.

There has been a lot of cheap memory on EBay e.g. $25 per 256MB. Memory produced for D/R server and older B/C/J workstations will also work fine in K-class systems. Try to get matched sets of eight modules though as you get a 4-way interleave from the memory controller.

Regards,

Gavin