Apple Clones (was: [rescue] BMRT SGI)

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Sun Dec 15 14:20:21 CST 2002

On Sun, 15 Dec 2002, Frank Van Damme wrote:

> Do they compile slow? Or do you mean that the MacOS is a disaster?

Some people like it, but I think the Mac OS toolbox is a collection of
ugly hacks, much like (and due to many of the same reasons) as the
16-bit Windows API.  Carbon is marginally better, and Cocoa is downright
heavenly by comparison.  In fact, I'd say that Cocoa compares pretty
favorably with Java in terms of completeness and extensibility, while
maintaining the terse elegance of C.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.