[rescue] Digital server 7000r

Sheldon T. Hall shel at cmhcsys.com
Sun Dec 15 11:27:20 CST 2002

"Yuri K" <koroby398 at ifrance.com> said

> Sunday, December 15, 2002, 6:30:17 (UTC), you wrote:
>
> STH> .................  Every Icelander I've ever met has
> STH> spoken very good English, so learning Icelandic wouldn't be
particuarly
> STH> useful unless you planned to settle there, or work at Katy's
Restaurant in
> STH> Carmel, California....
>
>                 What about the restaurant? Is this the base for spies
>                 and sleepers from Iceland?
>                 Google says it's a cash only operation.

Yep, cash only, though I think they will take personal checks from local
residents.  Owners are Icelandic, but the staff is very multi-ethnic, and
seemingly very stable for the restaurant biz.  Great food, by any standard,
and reasonable prices, for Carmel.  Try the Santa Fe Eggs Benedict.  We used
to eat there a lot when we lived there.  I once asked the owner about
Icelanders in the US, and he said Carmel, with 26, had one of the larger
concentrations.

-Shel