[rescue] IRIX 5.3 32bits or 64?

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Sat Dec 14 20:24:33 CST 2002

On Sat, 14 Dec 2002, Kevin wrote:

> One of my Indy's is an R4600 133Mhz, were there
> *particular* pitfalls to look out for running these
> (any R4*) in 64 bit mode or just general "bugyness"?

I think that only affected the R4000 machines, that is why the crimsons
only work on o32 (i.e. MIPS II R3000) mode. Since they were the 1st
machines to run the R4K I assume only the early versions of the chip were
buggy.

In any case, n32 is pretty much the ticket for these machines (MIPS III
Isa I think, R4x00) so you can do 64bit ops, just use 32bit pointers..
which is OK for a desktop machine IMO.