[rescue] SS20 speaker box

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Fri Dec 13 02:26:38 CST 2002

OK,

My SS20 came with a little "breakout" box with two
ports on it.  One with what looks to be AUI ethernet
and the other i was told was to connect to the audio
box (it has a small picture of a speaker on one side
and the universal ethernet symbol on the other side).

This cable is part number 530-1856-02 Rev.51 0843-9302.

A cursory google search gave indications that this
cable is the same for SS10 and SS20, but is only for
AUI on the SS20.  Kinda sucks, of course it's not like
i wasted a ton of cash on this little speaker box, but
it looks like it would sound a hell of a lot better
than the 2" built in speaker, and the volume and mute
buttons would be real handy.  Oh well,  maybe i can rig
something up (and more than likely destroy several
parts in the process :)

This now brings another question, what the hell are
those two thin connectors on the back of the SS20 for
(looks like an HD26)?  One would be for AUI and the
other?

Thanks
/KRM

On Fri, 13 Dec 2002 16:01:11 -0800