[rescue] Auction/unix stuff in Albuquergue

Tom Ponsford tponsford at theriver.com
Thu Dec 12 22:49:26 CST 2002

I guess I was pretty luck that day, It was one of the last lots and a
lot of people had left. Usually there are some real
sharks there, but not that day. I'm kind of a bottom feeder. I wasn't
going to bid over $30 for the lot, luckily I won.
Besides I already had only a truck half-full o' stuff and I  didn't wqnt
to make that long journey back to AZ with only a half-full truck. :)

I usually do my auction feeding here in AZ. I picked up a Vax 4000/200
for $2.50, a palette of turbochannel DEC3000
for 5.00, I splurged and picked up a rackmount alphaserver 2100A with
storageworks 6' rack and all for about $100,
I really paid too much, but I was trying to make a big VMS cluster, and
having a big ol' 4/275 appealed to me.

If I told you some of the stuff I had to pass on not because I didn't
have the money, but no room, you would break down and cry.

Usually when I'm done playing with my toys (or run out of room) I sell
them dirt cheap to the CS students down at the local JC.

Cheers

Tom