[rescue] SGI packages

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Dec 12 14:23:23 CST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> > I port freely-available (including "Open Source") software to IRIX and
> > make it compile nicely with MIPSpro, and, unlike freeware.sgi.com, I
> > don't make every damned package depend on GNOME.
>
> Do you make this stuff available to others?

I'm working on the software to make this happen.  I'm kinda-sorta
thinking about dumping it all into the netbsd-ports-alike thing that was
brought up here recently, but I hate the idea of "flavors" and would
rather let end-users have the option of selecting -exactly- the features
they need.  If you just want CVS access to my notes:

  cvs -d :pserver:anonymous at celestrion.net:/pubcvs co portslist

The notes are in a state of flux right now because I realized my
previous compiler environment was screwed-up.  I'm going through the
list from top to bottom (I think "openssh" was the last project I
compiled) and trying to make as much of the system 64-bit as possible.

--
Jonathan Patschke
  "Albert Einstein nailed space-time, but the wild thing had him stumped.