[rescue] Wide Sun monitors

William Enestvedt Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Thu Dec 12 11:18:53 CST 2002

> I...saw something interesting....very wide
> Sun monitors. ... they looked just like regular 21"s but
> with maybe 3 or 4 additional inches in width.

   You mean the 24" CRT's? We have three Sun Blade 1000's with these displays
and they're nice -- but I find that it gets distracting to use a monitor that
requires you to turn your whole head!
   We only got them last summer, but now I don't see them listed on Sun's main
site -- though this entry looks famiiar:
http://sunsolve.sun.com/handbook_pub/Devices/Monitor/MONITOR_Color_24_Premium
_CRT.html
   Anyway, they're heavy and bulky, but you can squeeze a *lot* or xterms onto
one of these Bad Larrys, and they're pleasantly flat tubes.
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt
UNIX System Administrator